Office: 205 Akerman Hall
E-mail: schowdhu (at) umn.edu
Shahla Chowdhury has an interest in nano-tribology, contact and solid mechanics, experimental solid mechanics, composite and nano-composite materials, finite element methods, and surface and coatings.
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and technology, 2007
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, 2009
- M.S., Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2013
- 2017 - Present: Instructor, Aerospace Engineering & Mechanics, University of Minnesota
- 2016: Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering, Texas A & M University
- 2015: Visiting Assistant Professor, Central Connecticut State University
- 2013 - 2015: Assistant Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering, Texas A & M University
- 2010 - 2013: Research Assistant, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- 2010 - 2011: Teaching Assistant, Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- 2009: Research Affiliate, Florida Atlantic University
- 2007 - 2009: Visiting Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering, Independent University, Bangladesh
- 2007 - 2009: Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
- Honors Faculty Award, Texas A & M University, Fall 2016
- Dean's Award, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
- M. Humood S. Chowdhury, Y. Song, P. Tzeng, J. C. Grunlan,and A. A. Polycarpou, Scratch resistance of multilayer films for gas barrier and separation, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.5b11478, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, Vol 8, 11128−11138, 2016.
- S. Chowdhury, J. Lee, K. Polychronopoulou, A. Cloud, J. Abelson, A. Polycarpou, Nano-tribological behavior of Hafnium Boride thin films, Thin Solid Films, (journal ISSN : 0040- 6090, DOI:10.1016/j.tsf.2015.10.030), 2015.
- S. Chowdhury, A. Vakis, Hanchi J., A. Polycarpou, Optimization of Molecularly Thin Lubricant to Improve Bearing Capacity at the Head-Disk Interface, Microsystem Technologies, Volume 21, Issue 7, pp 1501-1511, July 2015.
- S. C. Chowdhury, S. Chowdhury, M. F. Haider, B. A. Gama, “Multiscale Modeling of Carbon Nanotube Bundle Reinforced Polymer Composites”, 18th International Conference On Composite Materials, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 2011.
- F. M. Kamal, S. Chowdhury, S. M. Moniruzzaman, J. Sadique and M. M. Razzaque, “Design and Fabrication of an Automated Scanner for Ultrasonic Testing of Journal Bearing” Journal of the Bangladesh Electronics Society, Vol. 7, No. 1-2, June-December 2007.
- AEM 2031 -- Mechanics for Materials Engineers
Last Modified: 2018-06-22 at 09:56:16 -- this is in International Standard Date and Time Notation