- Review the material on the Web page for
the details of the program and to ensure that you will meet all the criteria.
Time: Four months before anticipated internship.
- Secure internship and schedule an appointment to meet with the Intern Program Director (Contact
Info) to discuss your internship and go over the requirements and process.
Time: Three months before anticipated internship.
- Complete Application for Credit and Work Proposal,
print and submit to AEM Main office.Once application is approved by Intern Program
Director, you will be sent an e-mail to your UMN X500 account and will then be
registered for AEM 4796.
Time: As soon as internship is secured.
- Perform internship as designated in Work Proposal.
- Complete Report Title Form,
print and submit to AEM main office. Once your report is approved by the Intern/Co-op
Program Director, you will be sent an e-mail to your UMN X500 account.
Time: Three weeks into the semester.
- Meet with Intern Program Directer to discuss
how things are going with the Internship.
Time: Approximately half way through the internship.
- Give copy of Performance Evaluation to
supervisor. Ask them to complete and mail it to the main office at the end of
Time: Six weeks before the end of the semester.
- Submit final report to your supervisor for
review. Your supervisor must sign the title page and initial the bottom corner of
each page to ensure that it was approved for content.
Time: Two weeks before the end of the semester.
- Submit final report and Work Experience Survey for review. If a report is not turned in on time, a grade of "I"
will be assigned.
Time: Last day of classes
- In most cases, grades will be issued within 72 hours of the report submission date.