Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
Adjust Font Size: Normal Large X-Large

Transferring Credits from another Institution

Students must complete at least 60 percent of their coursework as UMN Graduate student admitted to our program. The transfer of credits is permitted provided the credit comes from another recognized graduate school, or another UMN department.

Courses the student would like to include should be included on their Degree Plan. An official transcript should be attached to the form unless a transcript showing that coursework is already on file at the Graduate School. If your Degree Plan is already approved, you should submit a petition along with the official transcript of the other institution.

Work to be transferred must be post-baccalaureate, graduate level, and have been taught by faculty authorized to teach graduate courses. It is the student’s responsibility to provide appropriate course documentation (e.g., course syllabi, faculty status information) supporting proposed transfer credits to the program.

In the case of a transfer from a non-U.S. institution, the credits must have been earned in a program judged by The Graduate School to be comparable to a graduate degree program in a graduate school of a regionally accredited institution in the United States.

In the case of non-degree seeking students a maxium of 12 graduate courses taken as a non-degree seeking or non-admitted status can be transferred.

Courses taken before the awarding of a baccalaureate degree cannot be transferred.

Note: Transfer coursework and credits will not appear on your University of Minnesota transcript. The transfer work only appears on the approved Degree Plan.

Please also review the Graduate School's policy on Transfer credit.


Last Modified: 2018-03-28 at 11:52:51 -- this is in International Standard Date and Time Notation