Current Research Presentations*Do you need a PDF/Acrobat viewer, PowerPoint viewer, movie-animation viewer or WinZip application? Click here...
- First Principles Modeling of Phase Transformations in Materials
This is a presentation from the AEM seminar in 2008 which gives a brief overview of the research currently being conducted by Professor Elliott's group. PDF (2.6MB)
- Equilibrium Path-following, Bifurcation, and Stability
Techniques for Studying Temperature-Induced and
Stress-Induced Martensitic Transformations in Crystalline
Shape Memory Alloys
This presentation shows details of Prof. Elliott's current and past research PDF (3.3MB)
- Stability and Elastic Properties of the Stress-Free B2 Crystal for the Morse Pair-Potential Model
This is a short presentation given at the ASME congress in Seattle, WA November 2007 discussing work done by Venkata Guthikonda PDF (3.0MB)
- A Quasicontinuum for Multilattice Crystals
Exhibiting Phase Transformations
This is a short presentation describing work on the "quasicontinuum/cascading Cauchy-Born kinematics" method. Joint work with Ellad Tadmor. PDF (1.1MB)
Lessons on Structure from the Structure of Viruses, Penrose Lecture.
A lecture given in honor of Russell J. Penrose in the Department of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics. HTML (audio-synced slideshow)
A Way to Search for Interesting New Magnetic Materials with First Order Phase Transformations
A lecture given in the Magnetics Seminar in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Minnesota. PPT (17.3MB) PDF (3.98MB)
- Stress in Viscous Potential Flow PDF (450kB).
- Direct Numerical Simulation (DLM) of 1204 Spheres in a Slit Bed PDF (1.5MB).
- Fluidization V = 4 animation slide 6 (10MB, AVI format).
- Fluidization V = 4.5 animation slide 7 (8.8MB, AVI format).
- Blowout animation slide 9 (9.9MB, AVI format).
- Slip Velocity, Lift and Correlations PDF (1.3MB).
Last Modified: 2011-12-14 at 10:41:51 -- this is in International Standard Date and Time Notation