Office: 216 Akerman Hall
E-mail: (at) umn.edu
UMN Experts Page
List of research topics
Current Research Projects
Professor Aksaray will be joining the Department in January of 2018. Her research mainly focuses on design and control of verifiable autonomous systems for resilient operation in complex environments. In particular, she is interested in developing reactive strategies to enable resilience in the face of disturbances, synthesizing provably-correct controllers to guarantee desired behaviors, and designing models and algorithms that facilitate cooperative operation of autonomous systems and effective human-robot teaming. Overall, her research interests primarily lie in the areas of control theory, formal methods, and machine learning, with applications to aerospace systems and robotics.
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, 2008
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA, 2011
- Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA, 2014
- Beginning January 2018: Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering & Mechanics, University of Minnesota
- 2016 - 2017: Posdoctoral Associate, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2014 - 2016: Postdoctoral Researcher, Boston University
- 2008 - 2014: Graduate Research Assistant, Aerospace Systems Design Laboratory, Georgia Institute of Technology
Five Recent Publications
- Paul, R., Arkin, J., Aksaray, D., Roy, N. & Howard, T.M. (under review) “Efficient Grounding of Abstract Spatial Concepts for Natural Language Interaction with Robot Platforms”, International Journal of Robotics Research.
- Vasile, C.I., Aksaray, D. & Belta, C. (2017) “Time Window Temporal Logic”, Theoretical Computer Science Journal, 691, 27-54.
- Aksaray, D., Jones, A., Kong, Z., Schwager, M., & Belta, C. (2016) “Q-Learning for Robust Satisfaction of Signal Temporal Logic Specifications”, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Las Vegas, NV.
- Aksaray, D., Vasile, C.I., & Belta, C. (2016) “Dynamic Routing for Energy-Aware Vehicles with Temporal Logic Constraints”, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Aksaray, D., Yazicioglu, A.Y., Feron, E. & Mavris, D. (2016) “Message Passing Strategy for Decentralized Connectivity Maintenance in Multiagent Surveillance”, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 39(3).
Awards and Honors
Scientific and Professional Societies
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Subjects and Courses Taught
Last Modified: 2017-12-18 at 10:03:05 -- this is in International Standard Date and Time Notation