AEM Professional Advisory Board Recommendations - Spring 2014
The AEM Professional Advisory Board meets biannually to evaluate the department's programs and provide advice on educational and professional issues. The board consists of industry professionals from local and national organizations. On April 25, 2014, board members met and identified several focus areas for the coming years.
Recommendations associated with these focus areas include:
- Engage Student Advisory Board on how to improve 3101 and have clear expectations on outcomes;
- Consider hiring a senior undergraduate or graduate student (from marketing discipline) to coordinate alumni and industry interaction, increase diversity in student population, and develop AEM brand on web and YouTube;
- Increase number of female AEM students, consider offering scholarships, target Wisconsin students, expand freshman seminar, target girls-only high schools, generate awareness of AEM graduates (YouTube videos of events and flyers of real-world applications/careers);
- Provide more time for the Professional Advisory Board to interact with undergraduates; and
- Improve undergraduate access to internships through alumni and industry contacts, involve current/past interns, as well.