University of Minnesota
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
Fall 1996 Seminar Series
A Group Theoretical Approach to Chaotic Motions
Group theoretical approach helps to reveal deeply hidden information
about basic structures of chaotic motions (order in chaos). The following
topics will be discussed:
- Interpretation of chaos in terms of flow and density of
quasi-dislocations (tensorial curvature).
- Complexity and coarse-graining.
- Action (orbits) of physically motivated groups of transformations in
the phase space of dynamical systems.
- The corresponding optimal hierarchy of information levels. G-moving
- Hydrodynamics of phase flows.
- Examples of applications to conservative and dissipative systems.
Friday, November 22, 1996
209 Akerman Hall, 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
REFRESHEMENTS SERVED AFTER EACH SEMINAR IN
AKERMAN HALL. Disability accommodations provided upon request.
Leslie Petrus : Secretarial Assistant.
firstname.lastname@example.org (612) 625-8000.